Thursday 17 November 2011

6 Limbs Monster

There we go! New assignment to show up!
I decided to do a more painterly approach to this one in comparison to the older ones. Also, since I was very unhappy on how the colours turned out in the Old Knight, I changed the way I worked in this little monster.
In that, I worked only with values all the time and only colored at the end. It didn't turn out the way I wanted, so I decided to start with colours much earlier in this one and go on till the end. You can check out the step by step here.
What I don't show there, though, is that I always keep a Hue/Saturation layer modifier (with no saturation) on top of everything all the time. I turn it on and off every 2 minutes to check if I'm not loosing the values by working in colours. This way I can control the shapes and form even when directly to colours.


Vamos lá! Novo projeto para mostrar!
Decidi por uma abordagem mais semelhante à pintura se comparado aos outros trabalhos. Outra coisa: considerando que eu estava extremamente insatisfeito da forma como as cores saíram no meu Velho Cavaleiro, eu mudei minha forma de trabalho neste pequeno monstro.
Naquele eu fiz todo o processo em Preto e Branco e colori apnas no final. Não  obtive o resultado que esperava, então neste eu decidi introduzir cores muito antes e trabalhá-las até o fim. Veja o passo-à-passo aqui.
O que eu nao mostro, no entanto, é que eu mantive um layer de ajuste de Hue/Saturation (com zero de saturação) no topo de tudo o tempo todo. A cada dois minutos mais ou menos eu o ligava e desligava para garantir que eu não estivesse perdendo a forma da figura por estar trabalhando em cores.

1 comment:

  1. Muito bom!!! Ta dando pra um bom concept artist hein heheheh!!!

    ReplyDelete